Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fuzzy memories

My entire labor with Jaida is still quite a blur. I suppose because it was SO long and I was SO tired I just don't remember much of it. Morning turned into night and repeat a couple of times ... that is all I really remember at this point.

The other day while driving to work some music came on and suddenly fuzzy memories of laying with Jaida came flooding back to me. It was odd though because I couldn't really place the memories. They weren't recent memories but she was generally the same size she is now. After a bit I realized they were from the night Jax was born.

It was sort of a whirlwind of an evening. My water broke right around 7pm. After that point the contractions didn't take too long to get ramped up. Around 10 p.m. I was already settling down in my bedroom to try to relax all the while everyone else was bustling through the house getting last minute things finished up, eating, etc. After a bit I heard Jaida in her bedroom sobbing while Joe tried to soothe her to sleep. She was just too excited and ramped up and tired all at the same time. I got up and went padding into Jaida's room where she immediately launched into my arms. I shooed Joe and my sister out of her room and just curled up on her toddler bed with her and held onto her. After a few minutes she asked me why I was breathing funny and I told her that my belly was squeezing pretty hard to try to push her brother out. We laid there for a bit while Jaida felt the contractions and talked about all the new stuff tomorrow would bring. Her goodnight music was playing on the cd player. Eventually, she settled down and fell fast asleep. At no other time have I been so uncomfortable and completely overjoyed and relaxed at the same time.

A very happy memory.

No comments: